CaseFox® uses Google Single SignOn to provide a seamless and transparent logon to CaseFox using your Google credentials. Please click on the “Google Login” button on the upper right corner on this page to start using CaseFox. If you are already logged into your google account, you will be requested to permit secure.casefox.com to retrieve your name and email from your Google account. For the first time only, you will also be requested to provide your firm’s name and address (to be printed on your invoices to your clients). After that, everytime you click on the Google Logic button, you will be taken directly to CaseFox Web Application without any login screen.
CaseFox also uses Google Calendar, Tasks and Contacts API. The tasks you create in CaseFox will automatically added to your Google Tasks. Similarly, calendar entries are also synced to your Google Calendar automatically. In addition, you can import your contacts from Google and convert them into CaseFox clients.
CaseFox® seemlessly integrates with DropboxTM to enable smooth and convenient case document management. The documents are uploaded securely in user’s own (or firm’s ) DropBox account. CaseFox uses DropBox authentication tokens, hence CaseFox will not ask or store your DropBox user name and password. If you don’t have a Dropbox account, sign up for free. Dropbox currently offers 2GB+ cloud storage for free.
Vendor Management Module is live. Please visit CaseFox Knowledge Management to read more. There you will also find a wealth of information about CaseFox.
Pennsylvania Bar Institute: Essential Technology For New Lawyers.
Paper recommends CaseFox.
CaseFox® offers an excellent affiliate program. You can earn 40% of gross receipts from your referrals for the first two years (that is, for the first 24 months of paid subscription).
CaseFox Affiliate Program
Author : amassenburg4 (posted on StartUpLift.com)
Feedback: 1) Visit http://www.casefox.com/. What is your initial impression of what you see? Are you immediately drawn to click any of the buttons? Why or why not?
I like the colors. Professional selection. The page layout is very user friendly and easy to read. The buttons & tabs are attractive and the information makes me want to find out more.
2) Create a free account. Was the process straightforward?
The process to create an account was very easy and straightforward. No problems.
3) Are you encouraged to sign up for a free trial/free account? If not, why?
Yes, I will be using the free account for my business.
4) How do you think the site compares to other similar sites/competitors like bill4time.com and freshbooks.com?
I think that casefox is equally comparable to the other two competitors. The pricing is more affordable and offers the same service as the others.
5) Please share any additional feedback/comments you may have.
Great site. I will be using the service!
John A : You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for your outstanding response to this issue. I am a new user to your service and thus far beyond satisfied. I believe too many people only complain about bad service and never praise good service, the old no one cares unless its broke adage. I will definitely be sure to recommend you guys to all of my colleagues.
Nevrivy Patent Law Group P.L.L.C.
"Our firm has been using CaseFox now for a few months, to accommodate the needs of one of our clients who requested LEDES compliant invoices. However, we have been so pleased with CaseFox that we have migrated all of our timekeeping/invoicing over to this platform for all of our clients. The user interface is easy to operate, and there are several features which have improved our timekeeping, invoicing and payment tracking efficiency. We recommend the service."
Albite Law Group
"The company I work for needed a timekeeping/billing system and we came across Casefox on the Google apps. We are extremely pleased. The system is very fast to work with and it was super easy to learn. Most importantly, we are very pleased with their customer service. We have asked for many small changes to meet our needs and they immediately responded. Thank you!"
An Attorney In Medium Size Firm
I’ll make sure to let the Attorneys know how awesome and user friendly this program is!
Brettin Law Offices PLLC
Brettin Law recommends CaseFox.
1. To enter an hourly billing item, enter the time (either hours/minutes or tenth hours format) in the provided boxes. System will automatically calculate the amount based on your hourly rates. (by the way, you can set different hourly rates for different cases. Click on the “Staff Access/Rates” tab, select a user, an “Edit” link will appear next to the hourly fee amount. If you don’t set a different hourly rate for a user, the user’s global hourly rates will be used automatically.
2. To enter a flat fee item, simply enter the amount in “Total Cost” box and don’t enter anything in the “time” boxes. (this item will displayed as a “Flat” fee item on the invoice. Do not check the “expense” checkbox.
3. To enter an expense, click on the expense checkbox (and leave Billable checked). Enter number of units in the box shown and then enter the total cost in the “Total Cost” box. For example, if you want to enter charges for 10 copies @ .20c/copy, enter “10” in the “Units” box and then enter “2” in the total cost box. This item will be shown as an expense in the invoice.
1. When entering expenses, make sure to also check [ ] Billable checkbox if you intend the entered expense to be included in an invoice. If you don’t check the Billable checkbox, the note will not be presented for invoicing.
2. Click on “Cases” tab, select a case in the left panel bar. Then scroll down to the bottom on the rightside note listing. If you see an amount in “Non-Billable” category, you should review your time/expense entries. You may have not checked [ ] Billable checkbox in one or more notes. Of course, it is ok if you intentionally unchecked the Billable checkbox.
3. For entering expenses, Select [ ] Expense checkbox and notice a slightly changed screen. in “Units” box, enter number of units (enter 1, if this is a flat expense, such as Court Filing Fees). For example, to enter 10 copies @.15/copy, enter “10” in “Units” box and then enter “1.50” in “Total Cost” box.
4. If you have already created an invoice, you can delete it, edit the note(s) and then generate the invoice again.
Click on “Cases (Projects)” tab on the top of the page. In the left panel, select a desired case. On the right side panel, click on “Grant Access/Set Rates” tab. On the screen, check the checkbox in front of a staff name. An “Edit” link will appear. Click on that link to enter a new rate. Click Update. This process will do two things, first, if the selected staff is not an administrator, the selected staff will now have access to this case (administrators have access to all cases automatically). Second, a new hourly rate (only for this case) for the selected staff will be set.
Please visit Getting Started with CaseFox for other helpful tips.
You and your people (including contract staff) can enter time and expenses in CaseFox as you work on projects/cases. At a month-end (or whenever you so desire), just click one button and all your invoices will be automatically generated. That is, less than a minute to generate all your invoices.
In addition to seamlessly importing your contacts from your Google account, CaseFox Timekeeping and Billing Software also supports importing clients via a CSV and vCard files. You may export your client list from another system and follow the instructions for importing the client list into your CaseFox account.
CaseFox User Roles:
Here is a brief guide to get started with CaseFox:
Register for free and explore the power and simplicity of CaseFox.
CaseFox is flexible to accommodate different invoicing scenarios. Suppose if you want to track time (and expenses) for your internal use but want to invoice your client a lump sum amount, you can log “non-billable” hours (simply uncheck “billable” checkbox during time/expense entries) for time tracking purpose and finally when you are ready to invoice your client, create one “billable” note (and in stead of entering time, enter the cost directly). This way, the invoice will include only this one note.